EPICA RULES 2020
- The competition is open to all local and multinational advertising agencies, PR agencies, film production companies, media consultancies, design studios, photographers and advertisers. Only advertising and other forms of communication that have been approved by the client and have been or will be used, published or broadcast anywhere between January 1st, 2018 to December 31st 2019 are eligible as entries. Work that does not meet these eligibility conditions will be disqualified.
- The purpose of the competition is to reward outstanding creativity. Entries will be judged on the originality of the creative ideas and on the quality of their execution.
- Pre-selection and final juries are only made up of journalists and senior editors, representatives of the marketing communications trade press. Some votes may also come from expert journalists specializing in the industry sector the category relates to.
- All Grand Prix and category winners (gold, silver and bronze) will receive crystal pyramid trophies. All winners will also receive certificates.
- Six Epica Awards Grand Prix will be chosen from the highest-scoring film, print, alternative, digital and design entries in each category, with the exception of the Public Interest categories (categories 20 to 23). They will be attributed by majority vote of the entire jury after a process of progressive elimination. A Responsibility Grand Prix will be awarded among the highest scoring public interest entries (categories 20 to 23).
- Entrants may submit physical samples of Direct Marketing, Media Usage, PR & Promotions and Design entries in addition to the media uploaded online when shortlists are anounced. Samples must be sent to the Epica office Sri Lanka (45/6 alwis place colombo 03) with the corresponding entry number clearly written on the package, and will not be returned.
- The organisers and/or jury reserve the right to change the categories selected by entrants if they consider that the category chosen is incorrect or that the work would fare better elsewhere (unless the initial category choice relates to the specialty of the entrant, such as design house, sound studio etc…). The decision of the judges is final and awards may be withheld at the discretion of the jury or if no entry in a category achieves a score that qualifies it as a winner.
- By uploading and submitting entries to the competition online, entrants undertake to pay the corresponding registration and entry fees. All entries submitted to the competition will be judged, and the payment of fees will be due.